Drone workshop – Basics
After the first workshops, organized in 2018, we start from June 2019 with a new season of drone flying. This workshop will cover a basic understanding in drone flying.
The set up of the workshop
We have split up the workshop in a theoretical and practical part. The theory will be given in Windhoek and the practical part will take place at the WRF ( Windhoek Radio Flyers) site on the road to Heja Lodge.
- Theory: Here we cover the legal and safety part, the do’s & don’t s of drone flying. Also we will give useful tips&tricks when handling drones. Each group will not be bigger then 12 people. This will give everybody the chance to ask questions and to clarify some confusions with this new technology. This part will take roughly 3 hours and will be given in Windhoek. So easily accessible for everybody.
- Practical: Every student can book a block of 2/3 hours. Every pilot will work with maximum 2 participants. Your pilot will show each exercise and then will hand you the control of the drone. The pilot will guide you during each maneuver. You will learn how to fly your drone, take you first picture with a drone and shoot your first footage. We provide enough drones to fly all exercises for every participant.
Dates – June 2019
- Theory: 21/06/2019 – 28/06/2019
- Practical: 22/06/2019
Dates – July 2019
- Theory: 05/07/2019 – 19/07/2019
- Practical: 06/07/2019 – 20/07/2019
Theory: N$ 800
Practical: N$ 800
When you book the theoretical and practical part: N$ 1500
If you would like to have more info, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
From July 2019 we will organize also an advanced workshop ‘ Video/still photography with a drone’. You will learn from experienced drone pilots how to make a short movie and a photograph from an higher angle. Follow us on FB to find out the dates. All candidates that want to follow this workshop, have already followed the workshop ‘ basic drone flying’ of Capture Namibia.