- On our website, go to rentals. Here you can select your article that you want to hire.
- Click on your article. Now you can choose ‘ Make a reservation’. A calendar will pop up. Select your dates and you will see immediately the price of the complete rental period ( Green: available, red: rented out). Fill in your details and send it. You now have made the pré-reservation
- We will send you a confirmation mail of the requested article(s). In that mail we will invite you also of paying a 10% reservation fee to finalise the reservation.
- When the payment has reached our account, the reservation is a fact. Now your article(s) is blocked for you.
- 1 month prior to collection, the full amount should be paid in full. You can do a bank transfer from your home what makes it easier ( the payment needs to reflect in our account before you collect the equipment. As a help, you can send us a proof of payment.).
- When you collect your gear and you would like to add other articles, you can do so depending the availability.
- Before handing over all your gear the full amount should be payed by credit, debet card or cash. You can do this in our shop.
- If no collection is done on the first day of rental before 17,00 , the equipment is free for others to rent.
Note: a 20% administration fee has to paid when the rental is canceled 1 week prior the first rental day.
Monday – Saturday:
A rental day, starts at 8:00 and ends at 08:00 the next morning. We have a grace period to return your rental between 8:00 and 10:00. Later then 10:00 will count as a full day and you will charged for this.
We are closed on Sunday and public holidays.
From Saturday (8:00 – 13:00) until Monday (8:00 – 10:00): 1,5 day of rental
From Friday ( 8:00 – 17:00) until Saturday ( 8:00 – 10:00): 1 day of rental
From Friday ( 8:00 – 17:00) until Monday ( 8:00 – 10:00): 2,5 day of rental
The date of return on the invoice is used. When the return is later then 10,00 on the day of return this will be counted as a full day of rent.
- Photo-equipment: We rent out from different brands. From each brand we offer bodies, lenses and accessories.
- Drones: We work together with DJI, a specialist in drones.
– First time
Order your equipment online. Make sure that you order ALL your material at this stage. When later extra material is requested, we cannot make sure that we can provide you.
Next information has to be of the person that will pay for the rental ( for Namibian people):
Fill in the form completely with all your information.
Send us a copy of your Namibian id or valid passport. ( please note that you can send us a photo by mail on this stage).
Send us a proof of residence. We need a utility bill or bank statement. An hiring contract will not be accepted. When you’re residing with a parent, friend or partner and the proof of residence is not in your name, please provide us with the following documents:
- a letter confirming that you’re residing at the address as stated.
- Proof of residence in the name of the owner ( utility bill or bank statement; no hiring contract).
- Namibian ID or valid passport of the person that is on the proof of residence paper.
- Your own Namibian ID or valid passport.
Next information has to be of the person that will pay for the rental ( for overseas people):
- Fill in the form completely with all your information.
- Send us a copy of your valid passport. ( please note that you can send us a photo by mail on this stage).
-Second or later time:
Please log in with your name. Take the time to check your personal information. Place your rental-order.
Now your rental is in the request phase.
After 2 working days or sooner, you will receive a confirmation of your rental. Please take your time to check this information and let us know when an error is occurred.
Now, a reservation fee of 10% of the complete reservation can be payed by transferring the money, by Credit card or by debit card. Your rental is now in the pré-reservation phase.
When we have received your reservation fee, the reservation is complete and you will be notified. Your reservation is complete.
Complete payment is required before handing out the equipment. You can pay the full amount by bank transfer, credit card or by debit card online or in the shop.
You can collect your gear at our store which is situated in the My-Spy store. The address is: 197, Mandume Ndemudayo Avenue in Windhoek, Namibia.
When requested, we can give you a handbook of the rented material.
When you don’t have enough memory cards with you, you can either buy memory cards or rent them in our shop. For downloading your pictures on a computer, a card reader can be booked for an amount of N$ 75,00 for a week.