Nikon 7200 + Sigma 150 – 600: a perfect match?admin
A few months ago we have tested this combination already in Daan Viljoen NP. This time we took it with us on a 3 week during journey. This was the real test on how this combination works when you’re on the go. Despite the higher weight of the lens compared of the Tamron, the combination was quite easy to use. Just pick it up and shoot.
The camera doesn’t take too long to start up. Also the battery last for a good time: we could use it for at least 2 days before charging again.
After shooting, one is always curious of the result. Here we can only summarise it with 1 word: magnificent! The sharp images and the colours are splendid. A great travel companion if you are looking for the better result in images. The range is a dream: from 150 up until 600 mm. On a CMOS sensor you can multiply this with 1,5x ( with the Nikon 7200 you can!). Not a bad range for a safari: 225 – 900 !!
- Long zoom range, perfect for a safari
- Incredible clear pictures
- You feel that you’re working with good equipment
- Solar cap is not a plastic one!
- A semi professional body with lots of features
- Battery life is quite long
- CMOS sensor what you need on safari: extend your lens!
- Quite heavy combination but after a few hours you know how to handle it
- When you extend the range, the lens slides open and here dust and sand can come in